If you use Custom Shape Tools and draw a rectangle it’s filled with colours and doesn’t create an empty rectangle with a border. Drawing an empty rectangle with a border is highly useful for creating tutorials for blogging article. With Adobe Photoshop you can easily create a rectangle border and do some customization. You can do border customizations like adjusting width, colour and transparency or opacity.
Some Useful Adobe Photoshop Articles:
- How to Create Reflection Text With Photoshop
- 50+ Great Photoshop Text Effect Tutorials
- Easily Remove Wrinkles in Photoshop
- Steps to Create & Edit Layer Masks In Photoshop
- How To Uninstall Adobe Photoshop CS5 in Mac OS X
- 100 Most Popular Photoshop Tutorials Sites
Creating an empty rectangle with a border
Follow the below steps to add a transparent rectangle border in Adobe Photoshop.
- Select the “Rectangle Marquee Tool” from the tool bar on the left side of the application. (You can use shortcut key “M” to select Rectangle Marquee Tool)
- Hold the left click and drag your mouse to create a rectangle. Once the rectangle is drawn release the mouse click.
- Now click the “Edit” menu in the menu bar, then click “Stroke” and this opens a new window.
- Enter a width for the border in the “Width” text box.
- Click on the colour swatch, then select a colour for the border of the rectangle. Here I have selected Red colour.
- Select the blending mode and opacity.
- Click “OK”.
That’s it. Even though this is not a big tutorial; I hope this will be helpful for newbies.
How to Work Lightening Fast in Photoshop?
Finally, if you wish to work at high speed in Adobe Photoshop; then you must learn the shortcut keys. Checkout, 50 Most Useful Adobe Photoshop Keyboard Shortcuts in order to save your time and improve your Photoshop editing skills.