Apple has released a PDF document that details the iOS system architecture, encryption and data protection, network security, and device access topics in an apparent move to switch away from the stringent regime instated by the former Apple CEO, Steve Jobs. 🙂
Apple designed the iOS platform with security at its core. Keeping information secure on mobile devices is critical for any user, whether they’re accessing corporate and customer information or storing personal photos, banking information, and addresses. Because every user’s information is important, iOS devices are built to maintain a high level of security without compromising the user experience.
This document provides details about how security technology and features are implemented within the iOS platform. It also outlines key elements that organizations should understand when evaluating or deploying iOS devices on their networks.
Contents of “Apple iOS Security Guide PDF”
1. System architecture: The secure platform and hardware foundations of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Secure Boot Chain
- System Software Personalization
- App Code Signing
- Runtime Process Security
2. Encryption and Data Protection: The architecture and design that protects the user’s data when the device is lost or stolen, or when an unauthorized person attempts to use or modify it.
- Hardware Security Features
- File Data Protection
- Keychain Data Protection
3.Network security: Industry-standard networking protocols that provide secure authentication and encryption of data in transmission.
- SSL, TLS
4. Device access: Methods that prevent unauthorized use of the device and enable it to be remotely wiped if lost or stolen.
- Passcode Protection
- Configuration Enforcement
- Mobile Device Management
- Device Restrictions
- Remote Wipe
Its important to keep your IPhone security up to date to keep it safe from virus’s. If you’re in the market for an IPhone, or any other new smartphone visit www.dialaphone.co.uk for some great deals.
Download: Apple iOS Security Guide PDF