Today I read ICIC Bank Phishing email attack news in Orkut Underground(OUG) Community.I wish to share those things here. 🙂
1. You may receive sent from “alert @ icici . com”
2. There will be an attachment in the mail “ICICI-SECURITY . html”
3. Don’t download or open that file or forward that email.
4. If you open the file you will get a page with ICICI BANK LOGO.
5. There will be a phishing link like this “www * icicibank * com / online-security”
5. If you click that link it will redirect to “www * bonusatm * com / w1nw1n / hexx*php”
6. Please do not open that link at any cost, you may get into trouble.
How to Protect Yourself from Phishing?
- While using online banking open the browser and type the bank URL.Avoid login using hyperlinks given in emails.
- Do not open multiple browser windows while online transactions.
- Do not enter any bank details like Account no, User ID, passwords in pop-ups that appear in web session.
- Clear all cookies before and after Net banking.
- Use a reputed Antivirus & Anti spyware to stay protected 🙂