In this article I will show you how to block specific application in Windows 7 without using any Applocker.Here is a step-by-step instruction to apply this restriction for a specific user. 🙂 All you need is a Windows 7 operating system with Administrator privilege.
1. Login to your Administrator Account.
2. Look for the program which you wish to block.Here I have taken Ccleaner as example.Goto My computer –> C:\Program Files and look for a application you wish to block.
3. Right click on the application icon and select Properties.
4. Go to the “Security Tab” and select the “Edit” button.
5. Now we need to change the permission for a specific user. Click the “Add” button.
6. Type the user name and click ok.
7. Select the newly created username.
8. Check the box “Read & execute” under the Deny column. Click Ok.
9. You will see a Windows Security prompt. It informs you that if a user belongs to two groups, one with “allow” permission and another with “deny” permission, the deny permission will take precedence and prevent the user from using the app. Click Yes to continue.
10. That’s it. When that particular user opens the application, the following message will appear.
How To Unblock the Application?
If you wish to restore the permissions, just go to the Security tab of the file and follow these steps,
- Select User
- Select Remove.
- Check the box “Read & execute” under the Allow column. Click Ok.
That’s it 🙂