Last year Google dropped its support for the aging browser in Google Docs and Sites.Finally, Youtube stopped its support over IE6 and other older browser.Now, Microsoft as launched a new online experience designed to monitor the countdown of Internet Explorer 6.
IE6 has now become obsolete browser.IE6 has been widely criticized for its poor security and lack of support for modern web standards.
The IE6 Countdown site will be updated on a monthly basis, with Microsoft promising to celebrate whenever a new market drops under 15. 🙂
Why move off of Internet Explorer 6?
There are many benefits of upgrading to a newer version of Internet Explorer – improved speed, tabbed browsing, and better privacy settings to name a few.
Top 5 Reasons why Internet Explorer 6 Sucks
1. Slow as a Tortoise – Modern browsers function at lightening speed and Internet Explorer is still crawling along with it’s slow rendering engine.
2. Plain interface – The buttons for IE6 look so bland, un-interesting and huge, a far cry from what Firefox, Safari, and IE8 have.
3. Poor Security – It as got lots of security flaws and easy to attack.It opens door for spyware, malware, and viruses to get into your system.
4. IE6 Sucks – When you ask What you thing about IE6 to Web developers and “nerds” ? They the surely reply IE6 sucks 😉
5. Crappy page rendering – All moderb web pages looks like a mess when viewed in IE6.
Do you wish to use 10 years old browser or go with latest browser technology? It’s time to put IE6(The Ancient bowser). Please suggest to your friends and family members to stop using this obsolete browser. 😉