Is your Mac not detecting Seagate or any other external hard drive? Don’t worry in this article we will share two application with which you can mount and access the external hard drive in Mac.
Mount and Access External Hard Drive in Mac
Here are two powerful application for accessing NTFS file format external hard drive in Mac operating system.
- Tuxera NTFS for Mac
- Mounty for NTFS
- How to Show Your Mac OS X Hard Drive Icon on Desktop?
- Steps to Recover Data Quickly after Hard Drive Crash
- Check your Hard disk speed on Ubuntu with Benchmark
Both are must try application and one can easily mount External hard drive and transfer or edit files and folders.
1. Microsoft NTFS for Mac by Tuxera (Shareware)
Do everything with Windows drives on your Mac.
When it comes to Windows NTFS-formatted USB drives, Macs are only built for reading. That means you can open files stored on those drives, but you can’t edit, copy, move, or delete those files using your Mac. To write files, you need an add-on NTFS-driver.
Microsoft NTFS for Mac by Tuxera is easy-to-use software that makes this all possible.
Download: Tuxera NTFS for Mac
Mounty for NTFS(Freeware)
If you wish to go for Freeware application like me then try Mounty for NTFS. A tiny tool to re-mount write-protected NTFS volumes under Mac OS X 10.9+ in read-write mode.
Mounty for NTFS is a smooth-running Mac freeware application specially designed to help you re-mount write-protected NTFS volumes in read-write mode.
From the icon in menu bar you can always bring a finder window to front to manage the contents of the mounted drive.By default, Mounty for NTFS offers you the option to re-mount a volume directly from a notification window but, you can change the alert style if you rather us Mounty for NTFS’ status bar menu.
The colour of menu icon reports the current state:
Mounty for NTFS’ menu bar icon changes its color base on the state of the app and the mounted drives. As follows, the black and white icon indicates that there is nothing to mount, the green status bar icon indicates the presence of a NTFS volume that is ready to re-mount.
Cool Features of “Mounty for NTFS”:
- Easy installation in Mac operating system.
- Simple user interface
- Quickly mount and re-mount write protected NTFS volumes in your Mac’ s Finder: The light and low-key application runs quietly in the background and automatically detects NFTS formatted volumes that are ready to re-mount in read-write mode.
- Mounty for NTFS seamlessly integrates with Apple’s Notification Center and issues notifications every time a NTFS volume is detected.
- Mount, re-mount and unmount NTFS drives with just a couple of mouse clicks: As mentioned above, you can instantly access Mounty for NTFS’ status bar menu and re-mount any of the discovered volumes. On top of that, you can easily configure Mounty for NTFS to automatically start at login.
- Reveal the re-mounted NTFS volume in Finder and access the needed files and folders: The blue icon lets you know that there is a mounted writable NTFS volume while the red Mounty for NTFS icon announces a failure.
Both Tuxera and Mounty performs the same job. Try Mounty for NTFS first and if you are not satisfied then purchase Tuxera. Thanks to Mounty for NTFS’ status bar menu you also have the option to reveal the re-mounted NTFS drives in your Mac’s Finder and, at the same time, you can quickly unmount the selected USB drive.