Am unable to perform “Command-X” and “Command-V”(cut & paste) in Finder on Mac OS X Mountain Lion and Mavericks. Copy, Paste not working in my Mac OS X how to fix it? Continue reading this post for getting proper solution for the issue you are facing right now!
When I go into the Finder menu options and click on the “Edit” tab menu, it appears that the “Cut” button is not available and appears as disabled. How to perform CUT & PASTE files in Mac OS X?
Just checkout “101 Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcut Keys“ to operate at lightening speed.
The “Command-X” and “Command-V” (cut & paste) keyboard shortcut works fine in earlier Mac operating systems. But unfortunately there is some issues with recently released OS like Mountain Lion & Mavericks the native shortcut keys are not working.
So here’s how you cut and paste a file in the Finder in Mac OS X Lion using a keyboard shortcut.
1. Select the file and do Command+C as usual. Yes, we are using the same Copy command that we’ve been using.
2. Now, instead of doing Command+V which you’ve been accustomed to, do Command+Option(or Alt)+V. What this will do is automatically get rid of the file from its original location while copying it to the new location.
So, the cut and paste starts with the same step of copying the file first and the only change is the keyboard keys combination in the next step. The inclusion of Option key does the trick.
Top 10 Mac OS X Tips & Tricks Every Mac User Must Know:
The following are Most wanted Tips and Tricks which must me know for every Mac user. If your are newbie to iMac or MacBook Pro laptops then the following tips highly useful.
- How to create a password-protected (encrypted) disk image in Mac OS X?
- How to Create Hidden Folders in Mac Os X Using Terminal
- 3 Hidden Easter Eggs in Mac OS X
- How to Check Mac Notebooks Battery Cycle Count?
- How To Add Your Name On Mac OS X Menu Bar
- [Trick] How to Make Your Mac Speak Any Text You Want Using Terminal
- How to Close Unresponsive Programs on a Mac OS X?
- How To Extract .Zip and .RAR Files on Mac OS X?
- How to Turn ON Backlit Keyboard in Macbook Pro?
- How To Change Mac OS X Boot Screen Logo?
Mac OS makes life simple