Love to listen to internet radio ? Have a great collection of music ? Wanna be a DJ ? or just wanna make others experience your great collection of music ? lets get it going..and get ready to rap,roll and obviously broadcast…
- Any version of Winamp .
- SHOUTCAST Radio Tools
- Internet connection
- Your own Domain
Firstly,your internet speed has to be at least 64 kbps or above (which means Dial-up users, who will be having a lot of latency, will not be able to setup) . Secondly,you going to have to have a domain, an updated one with the current IP active.
Download the Shoutcast files and install them in any order.
Now navigate to
START > PROGRAM FILES > SHOUTcast DNAS > EDIT SHOUTCAST DNS CONFIG.
Configuring Shoutcast –
- Go Down and where it says Password : change (set it something you can remember..duh.)
- The Portbase : change it to whatever port you want it
- Maxusers : (lets be realistic here, dnt put in 10000, like NXS’s radio station) your bandwidth has to be extremely good, if your cable, 50 user max is ok, ADSL should stay below 10 users, and T1 connections should do whatever tickles your fantasy.
EDIT > SAVE
- Now Open winamp and right click it or press ctrl + P
>RIGHT CLICK > OPTIONS > PREFRENCES > DSP EFFECT > and choose the NULLSOFTSHOUTCAST.
- Now Go to OUTPUT, and then click on Connection.
- Through the ADDRESS, type your address which you have done through www.no-ip.com, PORT NUMBER, whatever u did in the EDIT.txt, and your password.
- Then go to Encoder, and choose your quality of your music.
- Now Go back to
OUTPUT > OUTPUT CONFIG > YELLOW PAGES
This is your advertisement information. Write whatever you like there.
Now Connect. To check that your Radio on-line go to http://(your address that you added in the preference).
Cheers,you have successfully created your own radio station,tell others about it to tune into it and enjoy…