Are you using MTS MBlaze 3G Postpaid data card and wanted to change the default Wifi SSID Network name. I am using MTS for past 8 months and the speed and offer seems to be good.
MTS India offers attractive Prepaid, Postpaid and Smart plans. You can view all the latest MTS Wifi dongle plans at http://www.mtsindia.in/wifi/. The MTS MBlaze Ultra Wi-Fi is a gadget built for the Internet generation. You plug it your Laptop PC or connect it to an independent power point or car charger. Whatever you connect it to, you will be ready to explore the web.
- Activating MTS MBlaze Ultra Wifi Dongle
- How to check data card usage of MTS MBlaze Ultra?
- Learn how to Change Wifi Password in MacBook Pro or Air?
What is SSID?
A Service Set Identifier (SSID) is a sequence of characters that uniquely names a wireless local area network (WLAN). It is often referred as “network name.”
Change MTS Wifi SSID Network Name
Now let’s see how to change the default Wifi SSID Network name.
- Connect your MTS Wifi Data card in laptop or computer USB port.
- This will launch MBlaze home page i.e www.mblaze.home.default.asp
- In home page click “Settings” in top navigation bar.
- Login using your Username and Password. (Note: Default Username: admin & Password:admin)
- To increase your Wifi Security it highly advisable to change the default login username and password. (Read: Create unbreakable password)
- In Quick Settings page you change change the SSID Network name.
- In the above screenshot I have used www.geekyard.com as SSID.
- Click “Apply” button to save the changes.
- Now reconnect the MTS MBlaze dongle to see the SSID Network name change.
Hope this will be useful.
Watch our Youtube Video Tutorial:
BSNL Broadband users check How to Change BSNL Broadband Plan Online?