Webmasters are trying out different ways to attract guest authors.And starting a revenue sharing program is one big attraction that could pull many new guest authors.We have already started 100% adsense revenue sharing program for both Techpraveen & Geekyard sites.I thought of writing an article of making a blog revenue sharing so other bloggers can benefit out of this article 😉
In this tutorial I will provide step by step instruction on how install and configure Author Advertising Plugin and make a blog revenue sharing.
What is this plugin all about?
Author Advertising WordPress Plugin allows webmasters to create a revenue sharing program.There are many advertising programs out there i.e Yahoo, Google Adsense, Amazon etc.Ok, lets now set up a revenue sharing blog.
Step 1: Install Author Advertising Plugin
- Goto Dashboard –> Plugins –> Add new.
- Search for “Author Advertising”
- Click Install and Activate the plugin.
Step 2:Run SQL query in phpMyAdmin
- Now goto WordPress dashboard –> Settings –> Author Advertising Config.
- You can see a warning just copy that CODE.
- Run the copied code in SQL query of your phpmyadmin. If you are on Dreamhost, then refer to this post How To Access phpMyAdmin In Dreamhost.
- After entering phpMyAdmin.Select a database and paste the copied code as shown below,
- Click Go button.You will get a information saying your SQL query has been executed successfully.
- That’s it the rest of the steps are simple 🙂
Step 3: Create a 300 x 250 Google Ad Slot
- Open your Google adsense account.
- Set up a new 300 x 250 Ad slot according to your site appearance.
Step 4: Configure Google Adsense Code
- Now, open the Author Advertising Config page and do the following settings.
- Enter Publisher ID and set Admin percentage.Click Contributor under allowed roles.Don’t know how to find Google Pub id? Checkout this article.
Step 5: Setting up Advertising Code
- Now, copy the 300 x 250 ad code that you created in Step 3 and paste it in the Ad Place 1 text area but make the following changes to this code.
google_ad_client = “%pubid%”;
/* Techpraveen Top */
google_ad_slot = “%custom1%”;
google_ad_width = 300;
google_ad_height = 250;
I changed the pub-id number to %pubid% and google_ad_slot number to %custom1%
- Click on Save Changes.
Step 6: Enter the code in your WordPress template
- Now, goto Appearance –> Editor –> Single.php code and enter the following code where you want the 300 x 250 text ad to appear.
<?php kd_template_ad(1); ?>
- Save the template.
Finally checkout how to add Google AdSense into Your Posts.
That’s it 🙂