Easily remove “Filed Under” and “Tagged With” that appears automatically at the end of blog post in your Genesis Child Theme. By default, every Studiopress child theme for Genesis framework display “Filed under” text next to categories and “Tagged with” text next to tags in post meta section.
Earlier this week I wrote 5 Tips to Customize Jetpack’s Related Posts. If you are new to Genesis framework and wish to display Thumbnail view related post under blog post then read the above mentioned article.
In this tutorial I will show you how to remove the Post metas that are displayed under each and every blog post of Genesis Theme using “Simple Edits” WordPress plugin. Before we proceed let’s see what “Genesis Simple Edits” Plugin is all about.
Genesis Simple Edit WordPress Plugin
This is a great plugin if you use the Genesis framework or one of its child themes. So many casual users find it hard to edit the meta info (content before a post) or the copyright at the bottom of the page. This plugin allows you do to this without knowing code or touching any of those theme files.Genesis Simple Edit allows you to modify the below 3 areas in Genesis Theme.
- Above blog post: post-info (Author name, Date and time published,…etc)
- Below Post: post-meta (Post date, time, author name, author URL, list of post tags, list of post categories)
- Footer Edits: You can easily edit Genesis theme Footer credit notes.
Watch the below video by Philip Gledhill, if you wish to know more about this plugin.
Delete Post Meta Entries of “Filed Under” & “Tagged With” in Child Theme:
1. First you need to install “Genesis Simple Edits” WordPress plugin.
2. Goto WordPress Dashboard –> Navigate to Plugins.
3. Click “Add New”
4. Search for “Genesis Simple Edits” and Click Install.
5. Now goto Genesis –> Simple Edits.
6. Delete Filed Under: Wordpress and present in Entry Meta(below content) area.
Now check your blog posts the post meta entries will be gone.