All Blogger Blogs are always having a same FavIcon.. First we see about a Fav Icon.. It Displays your Company logo as Icon on Address bar,the Favicon reflects the look and feel of the blog or a representation of a company logo. In my last article I have discussed in detail about Adding Attractive Scrolling Flash LED Banner For Blogger to make your blog unique. Similarly adding Favicon makes your site outstanding.
In Blogger Blog there is always a same Blogger Favicon is used.
Are you bored on these Favicon, Ok lets create your Own FavIcon For Your Own Blog.
Procedure To Create Your Own FavIcon:
- First you must Create your own Icon For your Own Blog. (Note: It must be in 16*16 or 32*32 pixels in size)
- The icon file saved with only in *.png format only,
- Now upload the file on Picasa web Album,
- After upload, you can see what you uploaded.
- Now right click on the image and select [ copy image location ( For Firefox), Copy Image URL ( for Crome), Copy Image Address ( For Opera) ,
- Now paste It on Notepad and save it.
- Now open Your Blogger Account,
- On your Dashboard, Select your Blog –> Layout or Design –> Edit HTML,
- Backup your Template. (Note: It’s very important to backup),
- Now Find <head>, Now paste the following code like this mentioned on below picture.
- <link href=’http://YOUR-PICTURE-URL.png’ rel=’shortcut icon’ type=’image/png’/>
- Replace your YOUR-PICTURE-URL with your icon image URL ,
- Now paste the Above code on Blogger HTML Page, Now hit Save Template,
- Now refresh your blog Home page. (Note :- It only works with Home page only),
That’s all.. Now your Blog home page is ready to show your FavIcon on Address bar, like this
It’s enough for blogger pages,
In Websites or in Blogger, Favicon.ico is used for Favicon. that is icon(*.ico) file is use to set favicon, but more picture storing websites are not allowing icon (*.ico) file, so here is not possible to set *.ico file as Favicon on websites..
For *.ico HTML code –==>> <link rel=”shortcut icon” href=”http://YOUR-PICTURE-URL.ico” >
If you face any problem, Comment below… 😉