Adding a favicon to your WordPress blog is a unique way of expressing your blog.This lets people to know your favicon and they can quickly switch to your site on one of their browser tabs simply by recognizing your favicon.A favicon is short for “favorite icon”, it is a 16×16 pixels image (icon) that is displaced in your browser’s address bar.My friend Balaji as already discussed How To Add Custom FavIcon to Blogger Blog and now lets see doing this in WordPress blog,
Steps to Add Favicon for Your WordPress Blog
1. First, you will need an image.
2. Then Go to Chami Favicon Tool page.
3. Upload your image and click “Generate Favicon”
4. Then download the Favicon to your computer.
5. Now upload the favicon image via FTP (using Filezilla software) to your webhost(“public_html” folder). See below screenshot,
6. Goto WordPress Dashboard –> Appearance –> Editor.
7. Goto “header.php” file and edit the file by adding the following code,
<link rel=”shortcut icon” href=”<?php bloginfo(‘template_url’); ?>/favicon.ico” />
Add the above code in between <head> </head>
8. Save your changes to “header.php.”
9. Thats it you have decorated your WordPress Blog by adding Favicon 😉
Refresh your browser your WordPress blog will look cool with Favicon 🙂