WinMerge is a freeware windows utility for seeing visual difference and merging, for both files and directories. It has Unicode support, Flexible syntax coloring editor, and Windows Shell integration. I use this utility to find differences in blog templates.
Some Cool Features of “WinMerge”
- Visual differencing and merging of text files.
- Flexible editor with syntax highlighting, line numbers and word-wrap.
- Handles DOS, UNIX and Mac text file formats.
- Unicode support.
- Difference pane shows current difference in two vertical panes.
- Highlights differences inside lines in file compare.
- Can also generate HTML report with differences highlighted.
- Moved lines detection in file compare.
- Ability to ignore whitespace and letter case changes.
- Creates patch files.
- Shell Integration (supports 64-bit Windows versions).
- Archive file support using 7-Zip.